If your household income is less than $50,000, North Florida Community Action Agency will prepare your taxes for free at their office at 84 W. Lowder St. Walk-ins on a first come first serve basis are on Saturdays from 9 am to 2 pm. Appointments are available on Tuesday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Call 904-259-4481 x25 for an appoitment.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A proposal to place the ban on Sunday alcohol sales in Baker County up for a vote on the 2012 ballot will be considered at the Baker County Commission’s October 3 meeting.
It’s buried in a lengthy agenda that also include a workshop on per parcel assessments in lieu of traditional millage, or property tax, rates subject to value exemptions for homesteads, agriculture use and other circumstances.
He’s the complete agenda courtesy of county administrators:
BAKER COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSION
Tuesday – October 4, 2011
3:00 p.m. Workshop on Special Assessments
4:00 p.m. Public Forum with Commissioners and County Manager
5:00 p.m. Regular Agenda
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
- Presentation of Amendment to the Agenda (if any)
- Approval of Regular Agenda
- Approval of Consent Agenda Items
- Expense Report
- Approval of Minutes September 19, 2011
- Renewal of Portable Restroom Service Contract
Henry A. Vorpe, Jr., P.E. agent for Max Davis, President, R.H. Davis Oil Co.
- Committee Reports or Items
- Constitutional Officers
- Persons Wishing to Appear
- Dawn Emerick/Health Planning Council Annual Report
- County Manager
- Approval Propane Gas Bid
- 2012 Referendum regarding alcohol sales on Sunday
- Update on timber replanting at Shoals Park
- Update on ZOD wells at old landfill+
- Commission Comments
- County Attorney Comments
- Persons wishing to appear who are not on the agenda (limit 3 minutes)
The Macclenny City Commission will convene at 6 pm September 26 at City Hall, 118 E. Macclenny Ave., to grant final approval to the 2011-12 budget of $7.3 million, though only $744,618 of the budget’s revenue is expected from the proposed 3.60 property tax, or millage, rate.
The rate is unchanged from the current year and will mean a more than $20,000 loss in revenue due to falling property values.
Under the proposed rate, which equals $3.60 per $1000 of taxable property value, a property with a taxable value of $100,000 would pay $360 in city property taxes, in addition to levies of the county, school district, hospital authority and water management district.
The public has largely avoided attending the city and county budget hearings in recent weeks, so the city commission hearing isn’t expected to last more than a few minutes.
The board will consider the proposed budget, tax rate and the hiring of Parrish & Associates Inc. to administer the city’s CDBG housing rehabilitation grant.
BAKER COUNTY COMMISSION AGENDA
Monday, September 19, 2011
5:01 P.M. Public Hearing
- Resolution 2011-17/Adoption Final Millage Rate FY 2011-2012
- Resolution 2011-18/Adoption Final Budget FY 2011-2012
- Approval of Consent Agenda Items
- Approval of Minutes September 6, 2011 & September 8, 2011
- Resolution 2011-19 SJRWMD request to reduce permit fees
- Resolution 2011-20 Suwannee River Management request to reduce permit fees
II. County Manager
- Appointment of David D. Walls, Jr. and Chris Volz to Code Enforcement Board.
6:00 P.M. PUBLIC HEARING
- Raymond Crews: Special Exception request for a new Flag Lot
- Michael Crews: Special Exception request for a new Flag Lot
- Duncan and Jill Walters: Appeal to the county commission due to denial by the Land Planning Agency of a Special Exception request to allow a dog kennel.