When Anthony Siddell spoke before the Land Planning Agency on January 23, the Glen St. Mary man waited his turn like all the other speakers who were present to voice concerns about a new subdivision proposed on Nursery Boulevard.
Category Archives: The Press
The following dispositions were ordered by County Judge Joey Williams during regular court session on February 19:
• Preston Baker, trespass and misdemeanor marijuana possession; six-month probation, 50 hours community service and $225 restitution.
• Gregory Barton, petty theft; 30 days in jail.
• Dakota Canaday, possession of drug paraphernalia; 45 days in jail, 12-month probation, 40 hours community service, 24 hours community service.
• Ricci Gaskins, driving on a suspended license; failed to appear, warrant issued.
• Kimberly Longnecker, driving on a suspended license; 30 days in jail, 12-month probation, attend license school and obtain valid license.
• Willie Mack, driving on a suspended license; failed to appear, warrant issued.
• Alvin Padgett, trespass and shoplifting; failed to appear, warrant issued.
• Leslie Perryman, resisting police without violence; 30 days in jail.
• Corey Scippio, driving on a suspended license; court costs.
•Mark Smith, driving on a suspended license; 60 days in jail concurrent to a Levy County sentence.
• Joseph D. Starling, possession of drug paraphernalia; 15 days in jail, one-year probation.
• Joshua Teston, trespass (2), resisting police without violence, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief; 60 days in jail, 12-month probation.
• Dave Weston, driving on a suspended license; court costs.
For the first time Mamie Agnes Jones Elementary in Baldwin declared two winners this month in its box tops for education drive.
The first winner, pictured below at left with her fifth grade homeroom teacher Kevin Ertle, was Cierra Holm. She handed in the most box tops of any student at the school for February, in addition to 2000 soda pop tabs, which benefit Ronald McDonald House.
The box tops may be redeemed for supplies and other materials for public schools. The second winner was Angela Blank’s second grade class, pictured above, which turned in the most box tops of any class at the school.
Both classes will be celebrating with ice cream parties. Typically, the student with the most box tops is from the class with the most box tops, but not in February.
Photo courtesy of Rosemary Todd and Mamie Agnes Jones Elementary
Lynda Lou Combs, 70, of Glen St. Mary died on Monday, February 24, 2014 at her home. Read More »